Photo Above: Brian Limoyo Wedding Photography
Quick Rescheduling Tips:
- If you have decided to postpone your wedding to next year, please don’t hesitate to book your remaining vendors. You’ll be competing with current 2021 bookings and a lot of calendars are already filling up. Start with the vendors that can’t take on more than one wedding a day, such as your photographer. Then focus on florists, cake, décor, etc that have the ability to accommodate multiple couples.
- Consider a weekday wedding if you can’t find a Saturday that works for all (most) of your vendors. Plan for a later ceremony start time so guests can attend without missing work.
- Hire a Wedding Planner! You may have enjoyed the planning process the first time. If you are having trouble wrapping your head around having to do it again reach out to professionals that can take this off your plate. It’s never too late to ask for help, regardless of where you are in the process.
- You may have a vendor booked that is not available on your new date. Your deposit may be non-refundable. See what else you can put that money towards. Maybe your cake deposit can be used for cupcakes for a birthday or cake for a post-wedding day brunch. If your photographer is already booked on your new date, see if they will allow you to have a different type of shoot. Perhaps another engagement session or even a family session. Please keep in mind that not every vendor will be able to accommodate this so please be considerate when making these requests.
- If your wedding date had special meaning for you and you are able to still get married this year (ensure you can still get a marriage license and that the number of people attending is still in accordance with provincial regulations) then hold an intimate ceremony now and have your reception when you can!
I hope these tips are helpful to you during this crazy time, please reach out if I can help in any way. I am offering 20 mins complimentary consultations to any couples affected by COVID-19 and would love the opportunity to walk you through the rescheduling process should you need assistance.
About Dreamstyle Weddings
Danielle Deebank from Dreamstyle Weddings has been planning and coordinating beautiful weddings since 2008. Danielle has a passion for weddings and loves being a part of your celebrations. Her goal is for you to truly be in the moment and celebrate with your family and friends. Use the contact form below to reach Danielle directly.