Finding Joy in Celebrating Your Original Wedding Date
Every Wednesday night we chat with local brides, grooms and wedding professionals in a supportive zoom chat hosted by Rob Aitken from Music Central Entertainment. In the last few weeks we’ve touched on finding joy in celebrating your original wedding date.
If you’ve had to postpone your dream day due to COVID-19, at some point you’ll have to live through the day that should have been the happiest day of your life. How are you going to get through the day? For many, they see this day as something to just survive. One bride, whose wedding was supposed to be this past month told us that she was happy it snowed, that it felt right that the weather was terrible on her original date. Another bride told us that she wasn’t looking forward to what her original day would feel like and didn’t know how she was going to get through it.
Here are our top 5 ways to find joy in celebrating your original wedding day:
- Make a time capsule – purchase a copy of your local newspaper (if they still print one), include one of your original invitations, a face mask, whatever signifies the postponement of your day due to COVID-19. This time capsule could be featured at your future wedding date.
- Jodi Hall from Something New Officiant is offering to perform a small ceremony marking the day with her clients. “I’m holding the ceremony times for my clients that have had to reschedule. I’m available for a virtual ceremony honouring the day and reminding them that this is but a twist in their love story, not an ending.”
- Amy McNall from Unmistakably You Boutique Weddings and Events suggested a toast to your day and perhaps a meal similar to what your wedding meal would have been.
- Anne from The Wedding Ring suggests you have fun with it! Get dressed up, exchange candy rings, and vow to love each other every day from now until your next wedding day and beyond.
- Rob Aitken from Music Central Entertainment suggests a wedding movie marathon. Some of our top favourites were The Wedding Singer, The Wedding Planner, Wedding Crashers, Four Weddings and a Funeral.
What would you add to this list? How will you mark the day that is just a plot twist on the road to your happily ever after?
If you’re interested in joining in on one of our chats, we meet on zoom every Wednesday night at 8 pm. The meeting code is 179108723. As always the chats are 80% support and 20% wedding planning/replanning advice. Everyone is welcome! ❤