Looking to book a caterer for your big day but have no idea where to start?! B.Elegant Catering & Event Planning (belegant.ca) has set out some do’s and don’ts when you are looking to book a caterer and what you should be asking…
- Request allergy or dietary information in advance. It’s important to note when you have a guest with dietary needs – especially when a special meal may be required for them. This allows our Chef’s time to create something delicious with that guest in mind. It will also save you a lot of stress leading up to the wedding day.
- Personalize your menu! Your wedding is a celebration of you as a couple so why not tailor the menu to your likes and experiences? You can make this as extravagant or as simple as you’d like. For example, your entrée choices can favour each other’s likes. If the groom loves prime rib and the bride loves salmon, offer those as your choices!
- Always have a wedding tasting! This is important for so many reasons. The main reason is that you will have the opportunity to taste delicious food – this will help you to narrow down your menu selections. You will also get the chance to preview the services your guests will receive and you’ll be able to visualize how everything will be presented on your wedding day.
- Don’t feel pressured to have a traditional plated dinner! While plated dinners are usually the most popular style of service, trends are changing. Food stations, cocktail receptions and family style serving are on the rise for a good reason. Changing things up allows your menu to be a more creative and memorable experience without compromising the quality of the meal. Additionally, going with a different style of service can be more cost effective as well.
- Don’t book your catering services until you have a budget in mind. Once you have a budget for the food portion, this allows you to know exactly what works for your event. If you agree to a number of people at a certain price point before you’ve come up with your budget, you may run the risk of having to scale back or completely change your menu.
- Don’t leave booking your catering services until the last minute! Most couples book their catering services immediately following confirmation of their venue – this can typically happen 1.5 – 1 year in advance. Additionally, in order to best help you plan, prepare and organize the meal, it takes time. This will also help to relieve stress during your planning process.
MORE ABOUT B.ELEGANT CATERING & EVENT PLANNING | Kitchener and Cambridge based, B.Elegant (belegant.ca) offers years of wedding + event catering excellence, and is a favourite among event industry experts more details in their review in The Ring, here. To find out more, email B.Elegant Catering & Event Planning directly using the form below. 🙂