Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory is the perfect *staycation* destination venue for wedding ceremonies, receptions & year-round photos
All year-round, rain or shine, the 10,000 sq.ft. indoor garden at Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory is flourishing with hundreds of exotic plants and flowers and thousands of free-flying butterflies – welcome to the tropics here in Waterloo Region!
When you first arrive at Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory you are greeted by intentionally planted pollinator gardens and acres of field and forest. As you traverse the property, the space will unfold around you, revealing ample opportunity for photos outside, as well as inside. Let us tell you more…
Your ceremony in paradise
Escape the elements and let the warmth of the garden oasis whisk you away on a tropical getaway right here in southwestern Ontario.
Celebrate your love story with an intimate ceremony – walk down the aisle along the lush garden pathways, amongst the natural, picturesque setting created by the cascading waterfalls and tropical blooms.
“Everyone was so impressed with the venue. The ceremony was so special…to have all the greenery, water, butterflies, turtles… everything just made it like heaven for us,” said Emily and Jamie Jeffrey, whose wedding day was “everything they could have hoped for and more”.
Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory is a truly unique wedding venue conveniently located an hour West of Toronto, between Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo, Guelph, Brantford and area. Since the facility is open to the public from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m., you can book this space for your private ceremony before or after-hours. A Conservatory ceremony can accommodate standing room for up to 160 guests, or 40 guests seated.
Above photos: Jo Boucher Photography
All you need is here
New in 2020 and continuing into 2021, you can say “I do” surrounded by your closest few with the Micro-Wedding Package – perfect for those celebrating with anywhere between 10-40 guests.
Alternatively, choose from a variety of reception packages including an elegant four-course dinner or a delicious buffet for up to 120 guests, a marché-style reception for up to 160 guests, or a unique brunch buffet for up to 100 guests. An impressive array of gourmet dinner options is available, with menu customization including special dietary requests (gluten-free, vegan, etc.).
Couples have been known to hold several or all of their wedding events in this one romantic location – from ceremonies and receptions to showers and photo shoots. With the dedicated Wedding & Event Team providing personalized consultation, we’re not surprised that past couples raved about this gorgeous location.
“[They] offer, for a reasonable price, a beautiful location for your entire wedding. Almost everything is included so you do not have to deal with a lot of hidden costs. Enjoying the outdoors inside of the Conservatory, and best of all, you never have to worry about the weather,” shared Elaine, a bride from 2019.
Photos Above: Ariana del Mundo Photography
All private bookings enjoy exclusive use of the facility, including the indoor tropical greenhouse, the two large galleries, the reception area, and the front foyer for guests to mix and mingle about. A private bridal suite gives you the space you need to get ready and enjoy a few quiet moments.
With consultation and day-of-coordination, the Wedding & Event Team will be there for your wedding day, from start to finish, and alongside you every step leading up.
Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory sees the health and safety of all guests as a top priority. They have renewed their comprehensive health and safety commitments and quickly adapted to all public health measures to ensure you and your guests are safe and supported.
After COVID-19 forced them to redesign their plans for a destination celebration, Liz and Rob contacted the Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory and tied the knot in November 2020, “We can’t say enough, how grateful we were to them for all their help and just how truly amazing they were. Our guests raved about the ceremony, food, and the great lengths they went to make it a safe, enjoyable environment. Making our day truly one of the best days and memorable for all that attended.”
Special memories, symbolic moments
After saying “I do”, newlyweds will commemorate their commitments with a ceremonial butterfly release. These special moments are some of the most memorable, where brides and grooms, together with guests, can take a breath in unison and celebrate their vows. The Conservatory is the ideal location for a sentimental and symbolic Unity Ceremony like this.
This was Liz’s favourite memory, something she won’t soon forget, “The best memory of our wedding was at the end of our ceremony where we had a box of live butterflies that we released leaving our guests “oohing” and “ahhing”.”
Winter Escape at Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory…
Looking for a winter escape? Experience the best of both! A tropical oasis awaits you inside, while a winter wonderland unfolds outside.
The cold Ontario winter, with its early evenings, dramatic skies, and snow-covered fields can be beautiful, but it often leaves something to be desired. At Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory you can enjoy the best of both worlds, surrounded by nature.
Enjoy a heartwarming moment together, outside, on the backdrop of snowy fields, framed by a beautiful, handcrafted archway. While inside, the setting sun and twinkling lights illuminate the lush foliage, tropical flowers, and cascading waterfalls creating a dream-like ambiance and an unforgettable experience.
Photos Above: Cara Chapman Photography
Details, details, details
• Free onsite parking
• Food tasting for two (2) in advance of the selected event date.
• Photography permits for all ceremony and reception packages, giving you and your wedding party ample time for photographs
• All linens, napkins, tables, and chairs provided by Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory, including the featured crossback vineyard chairs in distressed solid wood for a modern take on rustic-chic
• We recommend booking nine months in advance to be sure you get the time and date you are interested in, but don’t wait to inquire – Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory has been known to take last minute bookings if they are available to do so
• Reservations for Ceremonies (i.e. Ceremonies without Reception to follow) may be made no earlier than six months in advance
• Reservations for micro-weddings are subject to approval, dependent on the on-going public health situation surrounding COVID-19
• Wedding ceremonies at Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory range from $1000 to $2000, depending on the day of the week and the time of year
• Dinner Receptions range in price starting at $95 to $110 per person, while Brunch Receptions are approximately $65 per person – customized menu options and additions are available
• A non-refundable deposit of $1000 and a signed contract are required to secure your date
• Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory is not licensed, so you have the added benefit of being able to control bar costs by purchasing your own alcoholic beverages for the event. You can obtain a Special Occasion Permit (from the LCBO) and bring in your own bar stock. In addition to the permit, you must also provide liability insurance to cover your event. The staff at the Conservatory will serve your alcohol for you at prices that include all glassware, soft drinks, other mixes, and ice.
Connect with Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory…
Get a glimpse of the magic of the Conservatory and book a consultation today. Virtual consultations are available prior to an on-site visit during the on-going pandemic. Chat with the Wedding & Event Team and learn more about the various packages available.
Visit the Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory website for more information and detailed driving directions, www.cambridgebutterfly.com. Located at 2500 Kossuth Road in Cambridge, ON. Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory can be reached using the email contact form below.
Learn more about Liz & Rob’s Micro-Wedding at the Conservatory in their Real Wedding Story.