The Grey Silo Golf Club has been in operation since 2001. It joined the GolfNorth Properties family in 2008. Grey Silo is now one of twenty-five golf courses in the area that is owned and operated by GolfNorth. Presenting golfers with 18 breathtaking holes of championship golf, the links styled course has gained an outstanding reputation and respect from players of all abilities. Grey Silo has hosted the LPGA Manulife Tournament from 2012 to 2014 and many world class female golfers frequent the greens. GolfNorth is also highly involved with the Grand River Hospital for various fundraising events.
Products & Services
Products and Services
Grey Silo joined the GolfNorth Properties family in 2008. As the Hospitality Manager at Grey Silo, Rochelle is a wealth of information and experience with all things wedding. She is responsible for all events, functions, and weddings held at the club. From setting up the room, greeting the bride and groom, and making sure everything goes smoothly for the entire day, Rochelle and her assistant strive to put everyone at ease so they can enjoy the day. It’s Rochelle’s responsibility to take care of the myriad of details necessary to ensure that brides and grooms can experience and cherish their day, without worrying about the wedding details.
Packages & Pricing
The Timber Room, the main hall at Grey Silo, features a high, vaulted ceiling supported by massive wooden posts and beams, anchored at one end of the room by a large oak bar and at the other, a magnificent fieldstone gas fireplace. This, the ideal setting for either your on-site ceremony or after-service reception and dinner, or potentially both, can accommodate a maximum of 130 people. According to Rochelle, this huge, unique, rustic space, called the Timber Room, is the number one reason brides choose Grey Silo Golf Club, “Our banquet hall is very unique as it is a post and beam construction and is a rustic looking venue.”
For guests wanting a breath of fresh air during the celebration, the wrap-around deck opens off the Timber Room. Perched high above the golf course, the deck provides the perfect place to enjoy a quiet moment, a cocktail, or an intimate conversation.
And thirdly, for an afternoon or early evening function, the large windows of the Timber Room flood the hall with natural daylight creating a warm ambiance for weddings. Of course, the large windows also allow for a spectacular view of the manicured lawns of the golf course.
All three of these combined elements attribute to a stunning venue.
Details, Details, Details
• The average bride at Grey Silo Golf Club spends between $8,000 and $13,000.
• Plated meals include fresh rolls, salad or soup, main entrée, dessert, and coffee all-in-one price.
• Additional fees besides hall rental, food, and alcohol include a SOCAN fee and a cake-cutting fee.
• The beautiful chivari chairs are available for your use for an additional $2 per chair.
• 13 percent HST is added to the final invoice.
• A 15% event fee is added to your final invoice
• When booking, a contract signed by both the bride and groom and a $500 non-refundable deposit is required. In the situation that the event is canceled, the initial deposit is non-refundable.
• Another $1,000 deposit is required at 6 months, and another $1,000 at 3 months prior to the wedding.
• Grey Silo offers wedding amenities year-round, but summer months are the first to be booked.
• Booking inquiries and holds on dates often book a year to two years before the actual wedding date.
• If you have a specific date in mind, it is advisable to book as soon as you get engaged!
Please login to add your review
Vendor Profile : Grey Silo Golf Club
About The Wedding Ring
The team at The Wedding Ring researches, creates, and curates quality, need-to-know wedding content, year-round, alongside our clients who just happen to be some of Ontario’s most talented wedding experts. Find everything you need to know to plan your fabulous local wedding; features and reviews on local wedding professionals, design inspirations, planning tips, real wedding stories, expert tips, bridal show calendar, an ultimate wedding playlist, and much more! Delivered to you in print (The Wedding Ring Magazine), in person (The Ring’s Wedding Expos), and online (TheWeddingRing.ca).
© 2024 The Wedding Ring All rights reserved.