Spencer’s at the Waterfront offers a modern venue with stunning, one of a kind views of Lake Ontario
Sitting above the shore, Spencer’s at the Waterfront offers breathtaking, panoramic views of Burlington Bay and Lake Ontario. The room for your reception—warm, welcoming, and relaxing, in natural wood and earth tones—with floor-to-ceiling windows throughout. With blue skies and sparkling water by day or a spectacular moonrise with the lights across the lake by night, it’s no surprise that past brides say that their wedding guests are still talking about Spencer’s at the Waterfront. Let us explain…
Your personal wedding consultant
When you book your wedding at Spencer’s at the Waterfront, you’ll get to know Amy, your Special Events Consultant. Amy has over 10 years of experience in the industry and loves all things wedding related! She enjoys getting to know couples and their families and cherishes the opportunity to be part of such a special time in their lives. Whether it’s planning your upcoming wedding, an important business meeting or a special occasion with family and friends, Amy will ensure your vision is brought to life!
The property & the perks
Spencer’s at the Waterfront features the Observatory, which can accommodate up to 130 people for seated receptions or 175 for cocktail receptions.
Designed by well-known Toronto architects Baird, Sampson and Neuert (think Nathan Phillips Square and the Spadina Gardens), the Observatory features a nautical inspired theme on Burlington’s waterfront. Encased in glass, panoramic views of parkland, water and sky provide the ultimate destination for weddings. “It has a unique nautical theme. The room where the weddings take place is actually supposed to replicate a ship with floor to ceiling thirty foot windows projected over the lake. In the day the view is amazing and at night you can even watch the moon rise. ”
Bride Lisa Bilodeau says she loved the venue so much that she choose it for her parents up-coming 25th anniversary celebration, “We had very little decorating to do as the room itself offers such a stunning view of the lake, which looks beautiful in the daylight and equally charming and elegant at night. The night of our event we were hosted by an excellent service team, completely respectful of our space, agenda and events, while providing for everyone’s needs. They truly showed the level of service they bring to their restaurant, even at a larger scale event.
Spencer’s is a modern, contemporary venue that offers a space that your family and friends will always remember. “We work with a large variety of couples, from mixed cultures, second marriages, unique brides with out of the box thinking, couples who are looking to have a fabulous wedding in a very stylish venue with a fabulous menu, but want to keep the look and feel simple.”
Tiffany Hawken had both her ceremony and reception at Spencer’s for her October 2011 wedding day, “Spencer’s is very unique in many ways, from the great people who work there and the delicious food to the beautiful view of the lake. I don’t think we could have found those three things anywhere else. We hosted the wedding in the Observatory and it was beautiful. Everyone that attended still says to this day that it was the most beautiful venue that they had ever been to.”
A few of our favourite things
• Their chef will ensure that the menu is absolutely perfect. “Something our couples and guests continue to rave about after the wedding.” With dishes like beef tenderloin, seasonal vegetables and potato gratin with smoked bacon and fontina cheese and desserts like date and banana sticky toffee pudding, butterscotch sauce and goat cheese, it’s all about fresh, carefully prepared food…yum!
• Spencer’s only hosts one wedding per day, making for an intimate and private day that is truly all about you.
• The Observatory features an outdoor veranda/patio so that wedding guests have outdoor access throughout the entire wedding reception.
• The décor is light and simple, but with the most amazing atmosphere – floor to ceiling windows overlooking Lake Ontario…the view doesn’t get better than this!
Booking your wedding…
If you decide to book your wedding at Spencer’s, your first consultation is all about reviewing the package options and touring the space, Amy will work with you to customize your menu and go over any specific needs you might have.
About four to five months before your wedding, you’ll meet again for a details meeting. Here you’ll review your planning progress and put potential floor plans together to ensure that the décor vision can start to unfold. You’ll also have your menu tasting around this time period. The chef will host you and up to three additional guests. You’ll get a chance to try all of their options and pick your favourites for your wedding day.
Lastly, you’ll have a final details appointment where you’ll have a chance to review every moment from start (ceremony) to finish (dinner and dancing). “Details are key and the more information I can get the better! We discuss their song choices, menu choices, speeches, dances, entertainment, set up and tear down…everything they are looking to achieve on their special day. We lay out a map of where and when everything will happen. I can’t stress the amount of detail that we put into this.”
Tiffany Hawken says the team at Spencer’s went above and beyond on her wedding day, “My favourite memory was that the team cared all the way through. The team would come up to us every so often throughout the day/evening and make sure my husband and I were happy with everything or find out if there was anything they could do for us. Such great people!”
Details, details, details
• The average bride spends $15,000 to $20,000 on their wedding at Spencer’s on the Waterfront
• 15% gratuity and 13% HST applies. No fine print or extra fees – everything is explained up front and paid in advance so there are no surprises!
• There is a 25% deposit required to book your wedding at Spencer’s.
• You can book a year in advance or months – based on availability. If your date isn’t available, the team at Spencer’s will find one that works for you or, they’ll contact one of their sister locations to accommodate your requests.
Contacting Spencer’s at the Waterfront
The Special Events Team at Spencer’s at the Waterfront can be reached by email through the form below 🙂 You can also visit Spencer’s at the Waterfront online at www.spencers.ca.
Rate & review Spencer’s at the Waterfront…