An expert tip from Danielle Deebank of Dreamstyle Weddings
Every bride wants her wedding to be one of a kind…so what does this mean for your wedding planning? You’ve got to step out of the box, infuse your celebration with your style and personality and make it uniquely yours. We asked Danielle Deebank of Dreamstyle Weddings to share her top ten ways to add a personal touch to your wedding day…
1. Design a custom logo or monogram to be used throughout your wedding. You can carry the image through from your invitations to ceremony and reception stationery, personalized dance floor, backdrop for your photos and custom stickers for your favours or thank you cards.
2. A fun centrepiece can tie in your theme with something you love! Love apple crisp? Fill a basket with fresh apples, a small cello bag of dry ingredients and a note card with your favorite recipe on it.
3. Consider a unique guest book. Rather than just a book for your guests to sign add a personal element to it. Consider a photo guest book or have your guests sign an item that can be displayed in your home. A photo matte for around your wedding photo or a canoe oar for the outdoor adventure couple or a globe for the world travelers… the possibilities are endless. I have had clients collect shells from the beach where they got engaged to be used for guests to sign and can be made into a memorable keepsake.
4. Tie in a theme! For the basketball fan, use your team colours to carry the theme throughout your wedding. Why not have a basketball net for your kissing game? Or instead of a traditional guest book, use a team poster for your guests to sign.
5. Not just another photo booth! I am seeing more and more interactive photo options. Images can now be emailed to you and your guests as they are taken or consider a personalized back drop to do your photos red carpet style. This allows for the use of creative props and signage to carry your theme. Why not have a video booth! A new fun way for your guests to leave you a personal message.
6. Table Numbers can be a fun and creative way to show your personality! They can be silly pictures of the couple, or the names of memorable places they have travelled to, a sports fan can use team names, or favorite movies. There are countless options.
7. Create a signature drink, or incorporate your favorite foods into your late night table. Gourmet pizza, poutine and sliders are a classy way to incorporate your favorite items. Have fun with your sweet table, it doesn’t have to be just candy, provide popcorn, candy floss or any other favorite treat! With so many options for food stations or food trucks you can really get creative with food!
8. Entertainment! Now this is where you can (get creative or have some fun)! There are so many options to entertain your guests. Everything from dancers to flair bartenders to aerialists to cigar stations to magicians; there are lots of options to do something unique and make sure your guests have a great time!