Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo offers exceptional ceremony and reception service with the convenience of a modern upscale hotel
Located in the Market District of downtown Kitchener, the Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo is a vibrant, modern hotel that can host any and all of your special events.
Their Grand Ballroom is styled with subtle colours to fit with any décor palette, a built-in dance floor, 15-foot ceilings and unique lighting fixtures. The hotel offers three other renovated event rooms suited to accommodate ceremonies and receptions of varying sizes, and 201 upscale guest rooms perfect for your friends and family. With meticulously designed wedding packages, beautiful event space, on-site parking, a renowned in-house Chef and service-minded catering team; it is apparent that choosing a full-service hotel such as the Crowne Plaza is the way to go.
Staff at The Ring sat down with Ashley Spiers, Director of Banquets and Special Events at the Crowne Plaza to find out what more about what the hotel has to offer you for your big day!
About the hotel…
Constructed in 1969 The Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo has seen various transformations throughout the years, but nothing as extensive and as vivid as the multi-million dollar renovations that concluded in 2015. With modern guestrooms including Deluxe rooms, Executive rooms and Suites, the Crowne Plaza has a room for everyone. The hotel also has over 15,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces, but that’s just the start! An on-site restaurant and lounge, indoor swimming pool, extensive fitness and recreation centre including two bowling lanes, mini putt and squash courts are also available for guests.
For your wedding, the hotel has four rooms designed to impress on your wedding day, including; the Grand Ballroom (350 guests), Kitchener Suite (180 guests), Viking Suite (100 guests) and Trillium Suite (50 guests).
When asked what kind of couples are attracted to the Crowne Plaza, Ashley admits most couples are those looking for modern décor, upscale amenities and unparalleled service. Couples find ease in the inclusive packages and stress-free planning process. Additionally, boasting the largest full-service hotel in the region – the Crowne Plaza can accommodate wedding groups of all sizes.
Why book at the Crowne Plaza…
Aside from excellent customer service, here are the top five reasons to book your event or room block at the Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo:
- Renovated modern event space and guest rooms
- All-Inclusive packages
- No travel required – One venue for your ceremony, reception and overnight guest rooms
- Work directly with our CMP certified Crowne Meetings Director as your onsite wedding specialist
- Varying room sizes to accommodate different sized groups
From flowers and décor to cake and entertainment, Ashley can recommend wedding professionals to help with all the little details. The hotel is also the perfect location for a bridal shower and rehearsal dinner in one of their stunning private rooms. Some couples decide to have their ceremony on-site, while others choose a nearby historic church or another city venue.
Details, details, details…
- Catering is provided on-site.
- Bartender and liquor licenses are provided by the hotel.
- Couples can bring in their own DIY wine, subject to a small $12 corkage fee per 750mL bottle.
- Event space is included in wedding packages. If booking a-la-carte, event space ranges in price from $500 to $1,200 depending on requested room and number of guests.
- All-Inclusive Packages range in prices from $115 to $165 per person.
- The average bride spends $139 per person (All-Inclusive Package).
- Taxes and gratuities included, but extra fees may include: ceremony space, extra décor items, and music licensing fees.
- It is recommended to book six to eighteen months in advance.
- Earn IHG Business Rewards for booking your wedding at the Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo! Why not use those points towards your Honeymoon travels?
- Four event rooms available including:
– Ballroom – up to 350 guests
– Kitchener Suite – up to 180 guests
– Viking Suite – up to 100 guests
– Trillium Suite – up to 50 guests
Contacting Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo
To learn more about Crowne Plaza KW, contact Ashley Spiers directly by email using the form below. 🙂 You can also visit Crowne Plaza KW online at www.crowneplaza.com/kitchenerdwtn.