Conestoga Golf & Conference Centre offers a beautiful backdrop for your elegant ceremony, photos and reception, all in one fabulous location.
Nestled alongside the Grand River, Conestoga Golf & Conference Centre features some of the most picturesque scenery in the area – from rolling fairways to beautifully manicured greens – you’ll be able to choose from a number of gorgeous photo ops and breathtaking wedding spaces.
Aside from the location, it’s the emphasis on attention to detail by the staff that will help ensure you enjoy yourself and focus on one of the most important days of your life. From engagement photography, indoor and outdoor services and your own customized menu created with Conestoga’s amazing Executive Chef, to an ultimately elegant wedding reception, you’ll be able to tailor your special day at Conestoga Golf & Conference Centre to ensure your wedding dreams come true.
The history of Conestoga Golf & Conference Centre…
Before the land was converted to a country club in 1969, 400 Golf Course Road in Conestogo was lush, rolling farmland. Founded in 1998, GolfNorth purchased the golf course and established Conestoga Golf & Conference Centre (formerly Conestoga Country Club), which is one of twenty-five golf courses owned by GolfNorth. The original barn on the property was converted and today houses GolfNorth’s head office.
Since the 1970’s, Conestoga Golf & Conference Centre has been hosting weddings and other private events. The banquet facilities boast recent renovations including new flooring and ceramic tile throughout both halls and the main entrance, updated paint, and a completely renovated restaurant and new deck.
While searching for a convenient venue option in the Kitchener-Waterloo area that wasn’t in the downtown core, Samantha Strenzke and her fiancé found and toured Conestoga Golf & Conference Centre. The couple admits they were immediately drawn to the rustic elegance that the location offered their October wedding. “We did our research and visited a few venues in the area, however, Conestoga Golf & Conference Centre offered to work with us in ways that other venues didn’t. For my husband and I, Conestoga Golf & Conference Centre had everything we wanted in a venue, as well as the atmosphere we were looking for.”
Asha Witmer, who was married at Conestoga, remembers searching for a venue where she and her fiancé could host the ceremony and reception in one location to make it easier for guests. Of course Conestoga Golf & Conference Centre had this to offer, but what really sealed the deal for Asha was the free golfing for the groom and best man the day before the wedding.
All Inclusive options…
Conestoga Golf & Conference Centre has a package to fit all budgets. Their main packages At Last, Now and Forever and Unforgettable and can be customized to suit your particular needs and tastes. Options include:
• Choice of Club or Waterloo Room, including all table linens
• Additional charge of $500 if ceremony held on site
• Bridal party hostess for photo shoot, which includes delivery of pre-ordered drinks and hors d’oeuvres to photo shoot location for the bridal party
• Pre-dinner reception, including hot and cold passed hors d’oeuvres
• Plated, Buffet or Family Style Dinner, including warm rolls and a selection of starters, entrees, and desserts
• Coffee/Tea service
• A post- dinner reception that can include (for additional cost) up to five hours of host bar service, including domestic and premium beers, house wines, specialty drinks, signature cocktails and non-alcoholic drinks
• A variety of bar packages are also available.
• Late night stations with coffee, tea and, with some plans, a late night menu option.
• Complimentary cake cutting
Nicky Noel, Hospitality Manager at Conestoga Golf and Conference Centre, will work with you every step of the way. From your first meeting to your first dance, Nicky is on-site making sure your wedding dreams become a reality. When asked what inspires her and keeps her motivated she said, “The thing I love most about weddings is that they’re never exactly the same. So I get to do something every day. Oh. And I love to see the look on the grooms face when he sees his bride for the first time.”
Offering a selection of buffet (starting at $35 per person) and plated (starting at $45 per person) packages, Nicky says that all menus feature top quality, seasonally fresh ingredients. Brides also have the option of designing their own unique menu suited to their individual tastes. Dietary substitutions are also available upon request.
Samantha says her guests were still raving about the food, months after her wedding. “We still get comments on how much people loved the food. It was extraordinary – we had a buffet style dinner and everything was warm, delicious, and presented beautifully.”
No outside bar is allowed, but you can bring in your own wine with a special occasion permit and a corkage fee.
Conestoga Golf and Conference Centre offers several bar options as well, including “host bar,” “toonie bar,” and “donation-style bar.”
Spaces, style and venue accommodations…
When it comes to location and facilities, Conestoga Golf & Conference Centre boasts several rooms that can accommodate varying wedding sizes and décor styles.
The Club Room on the main floor is what Nicky calls “built-in-décor” with wood accents, wainscoting, a large bar and a solarium off the back. This room offers a tasteful setting that requires minimal décor. With a room capacity for weddings up to 140 guests, there is also a generous outdoor patio for guests to enjoy plus an additional private patio on the opposite side with a view of the course and a wood burning fire pit.
The Waterloo Room on the second floor is what Nicky calls a “blank slate.” This spacious room can accommodate events ranging in size from 50 to 350 and the room can actually be subdivided for smaller events. It features a large dance floor and a large wrap around solarium with an amazing view of the golf course and Grand River. This room’s neutral décor can be tailored to a brides’ specific décor, but Nicky admits most clients request a simplistic and beautiful décor at Conestoga Golf & Conference Centre.
Samantha took advantage of the Waterloo Room’s blank slate by making the room her own for her reception. “The room has dark wood touches and the large bar area – perfect for guests to order and stand around to chit chat. The windows are deep, which allows for extra decorating touches and the neutral colours mix well with any theme or décor. The dance floor is located off to the side, which allows for tables to be set up all night and will not have to be moved for dancing. The room is warm, secluded from the rest of the golf course area, and big enough that guests will not feel as if they are all over each other.”
The facility has the option of either indoor or outdoor ceremonies, with two beautiful spaces for outdoor ceremonies. The spacious two level patio features the Grand River as a backdrop or you can choose an elevated natural green space overlooking the famous Conestoga Golf bridges and picturesque golf holes, which is ideal for a late afternoon ceremony.
Details, details, details
• The average bride at Conestoga Golf & Conference Centre spends between $8,000 and $15,000, depending on numerous factors. That said, their great, budget-friendly pricing came up repeatedly in The Ring’s interviews with past Conestoga brides.
• There is a $500 hall rental fee.
• There will be an additional charge of $500 if the ceremony is held on site.
• Noticing a trend towards smaller, more intimate weddings, Nicky says brides are more budget conscious now and for that reason, Conestoga has designed wedding packages to ensure that there is something for every wedding.
• Conestoga also leaves the gratuity entirely up to the discretion of the couple instead of automatically adding it in.
• When booking, a $1,000 non-refundable deposit is required. In the situation that the event is canceled, the initial deposit is non-refundable. Another $1,000 deposit is required at 6 months, and another $1,000 at 3 months prior to the wedding.
• Your balance is due within 7 days after the wedding, but you are welcome to pay more, or all, before the wedding.
• For short notice bookings, as long as you’re flexible with dates, Conestoga can usually accommodate you – all you have to do is ask!
Contacting the Conestoga Golf & Conference Centre
To learn more about Conestoga Golf & Conference Centre, contact Nicky Noel by phone at 1-519-664-2923 ext 227 or directly by email using the form below. 🙂 Conestoga Golf & Conference Centre is located at 400 Golf Course Road in Conestogo. You can also visit all Golf North properties online at www.golfnorth.ca/conestoga.