Finding the right Kitchener-Waterloo wedding vendors for you
Seven saucy kissing games! Fun twists on an old tradition
Written by Christie Smith, Etched in Time
Not everyone is comfortable kissing in front of a large group of people. But whether you're a fan of these games or not, your guests will expect to see the new couple share a few kisses during your meal, so why not have some fun with it?
Photos can capture the images of these moments, but nothing preserves the laughter and the memories like video! Imagine your groomsmen all singing I'm Too Sexy or your dad doing the Chicken Dance, or even your grandma sinking a hole-in-one! (The groom even said "you can move closer Grandma, to make it easier," but she insisted on taking her putt from the same line as everyone else. She sure showed him!)
Etched in Time has been providing wedding videography to Southwestern Ontario for over five years. As a result, we've had the pleasure of seeing lots of fun & unique kissing games. It was hard to narrow it down, but here are some of our favourites:
7. Charades: Have some phrases prepared. Your guest will have to act out the phrase for his/her table in order to get the couple to kiss.
6. Kissing Dice: This is a large soft die that has lips on two sides, and numbers on the other four. If it lands on the lips, the couple has to kiss! It's up to you to decide what happens if one of the numbers comes up.
5. Bride & Groom Trivia: Have some questions and answers prepared ahead of time. Your guests will have to correctly answer the trivia question if they want you to kiss. You can have fun with this by making them do something funny if they get it wrong! (The Chicken Dance seems like a good consequence to me!)
4. Singing a song containing the word 'LOVE': Ok, so this one's not that unique, but it can be absolutely hilarious. (Cue the groomsmen!)
3. Love Wheel: Your guests will have to spin the wheel just like on a game show. They take a gamble though, because if the wheel doesn't land on the couple sharing a kiss, they might have to do The Macarena!
2. Putting Green: This one is fairly straight forward, if your guest makes the putt, you have to kiss. You can be kind and give them three tries... but you can also have penalties if they miss!
1. Charity Jar: Your guests have to make a donation to a charity of your choice in order to get you to kiss. This one may not be 'saucy', but it has the best karma factor.
Now imagine having these memories captured on DVD to be shared with generations yet to come... You could have photos of your grandparents, family and friends doing these things, or you could have the whole thing caught on video!
|< Prev||Next >|